Honesty - Day 2

"With one look...you read me like a book..."
                                                  - Rupert Hine

I have a friend that claims to be an open book. He is willing to talk about any part of his life openly and honestly. Sometimes this causes him to be the subject of ridicule among his friends. He doesn't care, complete honesty is his policy and he is willing to pay the price.

I admire him for this. I absolutely believe honesty is the best policy. I will bend over backwards not to tell a falsehood. I will avoid the question, give general answers and flat out ignore you rather than lie. But complete openness? For me that price is too high. 

Bloggers these days talk about any and everything. Everyone has an opinion and are quick to tell you about it. Every fact, foible, or infirmity is foisted upon us at every turn. It's all part of the big content machine. We have a giant internet to fill up, and everyone's voice is clamoring to be heard. I am hesitant to add to that thunderous cacophony. It is not like there is a scarcity of options. And yet.... 

And yet here I am, adding my two cents. Here I am adding my tune to the chorus. I just hope you find something worth spending a few minutes reading in my thoughts and musings. I hope to make it worth your while.

Next up will be to decide just what I will discuss here. I will talk more about that soon. Leave your suggestions in the comments. Until tomorrow. Day 2, over and out! 

Comments