The Whole Truth - Day 3

(... continuing with the "open book" theme...) The problem with sharing the whole truth is that you open yourself up to judgement. It seems our worldwide pastime is judgeing others. In its extreme form it is known as trolling, but its milder forms are just as toxic, and as rampant. It seems quaint to think that in my youth "gossip" was considered sinful and shameful. Now we hope people gossip about us and count our success in the numbers of likes and shares.

I have much to say but how much should I say? I read blogs of people who are completely open about their health issues, but is that something I want current or prospective employers and colleagues reading about? I listen to people that are candid about their moral and political beliefs, but what friendships do I risk if I share mine. These are not idle questions, I have been burnt many a time before. 

And yet... I feel compelled to share, to speak, to make my voice be heard. Amongst the static I wish to add to the ceaseless babble. So I will. I will speak. I will share. As I become braver I will share more. Follow me if you will. Comment if it pleases you. I promise that, while it might not always be the whole truth, I will always be honest. Nothing less. Just me, honestly. Let's see where this will go. Vamonos! 

Comments