Writing 101 - Day 1

Writing 101 is where you start. The first class that teaches you about writing. For me it represents a reboot. Or, more precisely, a place to start again. I have a writer buried in me, but he is a terrified little guy. He chatters incessantly in my head, but when the time comes to put "pen" to "paper" he shrivels up inside his shell like a hermit-turtle. (They don't exist but should totally be a thing and are, of course , the most shy creature on Earth.)

So I am trying to find a way to push through this. The only way to get past this, to become a writer, is to write, so I will. My ambitious goal? One-Oh-One. One hundred and one days of writing. I am going to attempt to write something, anything, for the next 101 days...at least. With any luck it will be a habit and I will keep going. We'll see. But for now, it's 101 days of writing. 

This is way more exciting for me than it is for you. You don't really care, this post hasn't given you anything. But this isn't about you. This is about me turning on the flow, getting things moving. The way I see it, if 20 of the posts... no wait... if 10 of the posts that come out of this are really good, then it will have been more than worth it. So what's in it for you? Well, if you only are looking for solid gold posts, go read an established writer. There are plenty of amazing ones out there and I can recommend a few, if you'd like. However, if you'd like to follow me on this journey, check back. It should be fun and I can promise to get into some interesting places along the way. My mind is a dark and dangerous place and there are guaranteed to be some interesting diversions along the way. And bad poetry. I am sure there will be bad poetry.

So let's go! Day 1 has just begun. Here we go towards one oh one! Vamonos! 

Comments