It's not you, it's me.

I haven't posted for about two months. They have been quite busy and shocking. First, a recap.
Previously viewed from the Couch:

Jeff is hit while on the ice skating rink called I-25 in April and suffers a concussion.He recovers from this setback and is doing much better when he observes something unusual in a place not talked about in public.
A visit to the doctor (and his new female student) is followed by an uncomfortable visit for an ultrasound. This results in an encounter with the friendly neighborhood urologist. Two days later the paparazzi are all aflutter at the entrance of the local hospital. Arriving with entourage in tow, he spends a few hours inside and leaves a few ounces lighter. Details are requested but no one is talking.
During recovery Jeff accepts input for his next project. After much deliberation he decides to go with a brief visit to a purveyor of powerful concoctions. Rumors are that heavy duty chemicals were involved and judging from the length of recovery time, it was a pretty powerful dose. As the clock ticks down, the public wonders when and where they will see him again.
That brings us back to the end of September. After my last post I was beginning the process of going back to work. I contacted my company, Acentia, and informed them of my plans. That was when they told me. Acentia was subcontracted to another company and that company had the contract with the FDA. The other company was canceling my contract. They were going to try to get my contract back, but it didn't look good. Fast forward to 2 weeks later and without a contract and nothing available in my area, I was let go. Excuse me, I was fired. Terminated. Dropped like a rotten tomato. Spit out like sour milk. Let go like a mad hornet in the hand. I was downsized due to my position being eliminated.

Time to shift gears. Pour myself into the job search. Send out resume after resume. Phone calls. Unemployment. Interviews. Son's birthday. Halloween. October 2013, out.

And THAT brings us to November, and the job offer. Offers. More on that to come.


Comments