Dragon Egg - Oct. 8 - Review - W101 Day 39

 

And so we reach the story for October 8th, and what a good one it is. You can read it here:

Dragon Egg

Do you read it? Great! Let's dig in.

This one is a little longer than the other pieces we've read. I have to say, I was wondering where it was going at first. I was pretty sure it was pretty standard fare. I don't have a problem with something I've seen before, it's just that it is something I've seen before. And then, the characters behaved differently.

I am not going to go into too much detail, but suffice it to say that I really enjoyed the author's take on this situation. all the backstory is good and the specifics are great, but my favorite parts are how different the main character's reactions are. In this day and age I can see people taking this point of view. I really liked that. Good job!

Taking a look at his author page on Amazon, it looks like Dean Lappi has a series out. The first one was priced for easy entry, so it might be a good idea to give him a try. I mean, magic based on math, come on, whose with me? A four book series that actually ends? That has got to be a good sign. If any of you read it, you'll have to fill us all in on how it goes.

This was another solid entry in what is becoming an enjoyable way to pass the days this month. I am really grateful that Jack Wallen had this idea. If you are enjoying it, leave a note in the comments and let the authors know that you liked it.

That's the view from the Couch today. See ya again soon.






Comments

  1. Thank you for your kind review! I really appreciate this. My 4- book series is as much horror as fantasy, so just a warning to people in advance that it is not traditional fantasy.
    Thanks again!
    Best regards,
    Dean

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment