On the Island - Review - Day 33

It's time for the second story in the Flash of Halloween! If you haven't read it yet, you can find it here:
I'll try to keep this review spoiler free, but you can hit me up on Facebook if you want to chat about the details.

I have to say, I really like this story. It has that creepy feeling you get from the Weird, with a capital W. And yet, it is not overly terrifying or gory. it left me feeling a little warm inside...AND afraid of what was going to happen. It was like curling up in a nice cabin in front of a fireplace drinking a cup of cider and reading a good book...with zombies scratching at your door. Ok, maybe that was a bit of an exaggeration.  Actually, that sounds like a good idea for a story. Hmmmm, scribble, scribble, takes some notes. I really must do a zombie story someday.

Back to today's feature. The author is Penny Jones and she has a website:


It is a pretty interesting website with a lot of good information. Apparently she lives in Devon and has quite a bit of writing out there, including a book of short fiction. If it is anything as good as this piece, I will definitely be purchasing it. I really enjoyed this. I liked the way it made me feel and I felt like that I could see and smell and feel the place. Definitely a thumbs up from me and a great way to keep this Halloween story ball rolling. Check back tomorrow for Day 3.















Comments